Goodmorning to y’all; Immortals like me and mortals alike, Geniuses and imbeciles alike, Dear Citizens of God’s earth and you aliens currently bowling each other over just to get the privilege of reading my post first. I see you
First of all (looks sternly around. No Olamide shii here), Lemme reiterate my graditude. You guys that constantly endure my barrage of tweeted links and mentions, I salute your patience. Y’all that are subscribed to this blog, I admire your longsuffering. Y’all that remind me how resoundingly empty my brain is and how I cant post a sensible post to save my life, I love you still. I could go on and name names but then the list would be long and tiresome and nobody reads a long and tiresome rant.
So on to the next one, here I am sitting on the floor as usual and thinking about how versatile and sustaining the many variants of Beans are: ranging from the food for men; Ewa Agoyin, to the food for lesser gods; Akara, to those for the gods; Moin-Moin and finally, the cake of heaven; Aadun. heavenly bliss.
Okay, this post is not about food, even though there are few things I do in life not motivated by food.
Speaking of which, my roommate accused me yesterday of having lost motivation for most things if not everything. I agree with him. Still remember those days when I used to be the quiet, focused person. Talking little yet doing great things. I kinda miss the old me (not a cliche) but I still like the new me.
So tips for getting motivated, I’m just making em up as I go. Bear in mind, people make money with this.
*Whoever said talk is cheap did not know how to sell it*.
(1) Set goals. This is one area of planning I’m terrible with. I’m more of the “Bring your problems and let’s solve them in the here and now”.
But goals motivate you. So I heard.
(2) Promise yourself rewards for accomplished goals. E.g. I set a goal that I’m going to post today and at least, once in every 48hrs. I promised myself a geometric progression of Moin-Moin for each accomplishment. Now once I’m done, Moin-moin beckons. Hence, I feel very motivated.
(3) Aim low. One of the biggest foilers for previously motivated people is that they set such high marks that When (notice: When and not; If) they fail, they just push themselves further and the eventual outcome is burnout.
Bear in mind that your brain likes those little secretions of dopamine and leptin, Those small doses of pleasure and satisfaction so set yourself small goals, so that when you achieve each, you feel slightly happier and are then buoyed to pick up the next challenge.
(4) Take chances/risks: A wiseman once said; If You attempt something, there is a chance you might succeed. You most probably would fail. But if the fear of failure keeps you from attempting, You most definitely would fail.
*Now, I am not a very risk-taking kinda person but I know enough**
(5) Fall in Love. Love has been purported to be the greatest motivator. Bla bla bla.
And if all this does not motivate you enough, remember ther is a certain Young man somewhere in Serbia who has never had the pleasure of unwrapping hot moin-moin or Akara.
I was going to talk on something else, but apparently my semi-Conscious brain has reported that my attention is needed on mount Olympus where yet again I have to go and explain to those brats; Zeus and Poseidon why they cant be fighting all the time and causing It to rain while the sun is Bright in Lagos. Whattha??
NB: I’m thinking of taking up the 30day challenge where I would have to upload a post everyday for 30days. All great bloggers have done it and I want to be great too. *Sips Milo quietly and reaches for akara*
So please tell me what you think about that. Thanks
PS: you could subscribe to or follow this blog. Would reduce the amount of tweets and mentions I would barrage you with.
Which is supposed to come first? The NB or the PS. Forgive me Daddy for all those English class periods where I was in library scoping woman.